Intro & Point One: Because the Gospel is the most important thing in the whole world
- What are the top three most important things in your life?
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. According to the Bible, what is the most important thing in the whole world? Discuss some reasons why this is true.
Point Two: A lot of people who say they are Christians don’t understand the gospel
- Do you agree with Pat’s statement that many professing Christians don’t understand the gospel? Why or why not?
- Could you explain the gospel in one minute or less? (Ask for a volunteer to stand up and do their best to share the gospel in less than one minute for your huddle OR have each person write out in their own words the gospel)
- Read Romans 1:16. According to this verse, why would it be important for you to understand and know the gospel?
Point Three: Getting the Gospel wrong is hazardous to your spiritual health
- Read Galatians 1:8-9. What are the consequences of getting the gospel wrong?
- Why should this motivate us to get the gospel right?
- Is it enough to be sincere in our convictions and beliefs? Why or Why not?
Point Four: Jesus says that lots of people who think they are Christians aren’t
- How would you feel if you believed yourself to be a Christian and found out on judgment day
that you had been mistaken?
- Read Matthew 7:21-23 and 7:13-14. What do these verses say about many professing
Point Five: Too often we underestimate God and overestimate ourselves
- What are some ways you can “underestimate” (low view of) God and “overestimate” (high view of) yourself?
- Have you ever heard the statements, “God helps those who help themselves” or “We do our part and God does His part”? Why are these faulty statements?
- What kinds of things would you hear from a salvation testimony that incorporates the idea that “God helps those who help themselves”?
Point Six: Moral Therapeutic Deism
- What are the two key components of “Moral Therapeutic Deism”?
- Do you believe that good people go to heaven when they die?
- How can you respond to friends that believe in a gospel that doesn’t line up with God’s Word?
Point Seven: Too often our evangelism isn’t Christian enough
Print this Page 
- How can a misunderstanding of the gospel hinder your evangelism?
- Which of the previous motivations has been the most challenging or convicting?