- Begin each lesson by reading 1 Corinthians 10:31. “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
- Discuss the third practice: We glorify God in sports when we play with humility.
- How does a humble athlete accept correction or critique?
- How can you celebrate your teammate’s accomplishments and contributions during the competition?
- What does it mean to be gracious in defeat and humble in victory?
- Mahaney stated that the “humble athlete understands the test of adversity and the test of prosperity.” What does he mean by this?
- What are some positive examples of gracious athletes in sports? What are some examples of modest athletes in sports? How about some negative examples?